Tips on how to make a hassle free claim:
- Firstly you should check your policy wording and schedule to make sure that you are covered for the event that has happened. If in any doubt please give us a call.
- You should make your claim as soon as possible after you suffer a loss. Some companies may reduce the amount they pay if a claim is left for too long before being submitted.
You must also:
- Take all reasonable steps to stop any further loss from occurring.
- Make a report to the nearest police station if your property is lost or stolen, vandalised or maliciously damaged. Your company may ask for a copy of this report.
- Keep the property that has been damaged so that the insurance company can inspect it.
- Obtain all details of the responsible party.
- Complete a claim form or lodge a claim over the phone.
- Tell us about any prosecution or inquest that may be held.
- Send us any document relating to your claim as soon as you receive it.
You should not do any of the following:
- Repair or replace any damaged property without the consent of the insurance company.
- Pay, promise to pay, or offer payment, or admit responsibility for a claim.